It is ready! It is ready! We have worked tirelessly to make this space your second home. Okay, we are exaggerating a tad bit but we want you to feel as close to home when you visit us.
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, book lovers of all sizes and genres – we are pleased, nay, VERY pleased to present The Basement. The space is ready for literary exploration and we are waiting (impatiently) to welcome you here. We have a few tips, tricks and guidelines for your visit. For this essential announcement, we suggest you lower the music volume, think of your favorite book, bring that spaced out expression on an we’re set!
- Schedule the visit, put it on your calendar. In order to completely immerse yourself in the awesomeness of The Basement, we think you need to take atleast 2 hours out of your schedule. Also, this serves as a great hiding spot in case you’re trying to avoid that friend, or work, or the police etc.
- Bring your own music or listen to ours. 🙂 We have a lovely vintage record player, with several records to choose from so please feast your ears and ask our staff to help you in case you want to change a record.
- BYOP (Bring your own players or people) – yep we are serving games at The Basement and you don’t want to be seen playing a game of Scrabble alone. So bring that friend of yours who keeps challenging you on Word with Friends on Facebook. There is no way they can cheat here!
- Revive the detective in you! If you happen to drop by before 12th April and we know you will, you can participate in our awesome literary treasure hunt! Whoever finds the highest number of our secretly coded postcards will receive a free shopping voucher and if you find a Golden Ticket you win a free book on the spot!
- Prepare to leave; as in we don’t want you to leave but we’ve had customers complaining that they are having a hard time leaving so we just want to tell you to come prepared. We’d be happy to host you for as long as you’d like to stay.
- Finally, keep your camera handy! We have lots of fun elements placed around the basement which will make you itch to pull your camera out and take a quick picture. Just for the record, we encourage such behavior, just don’t forget to tag us on social media. We get quite excited when you do that. Just saying. 🙂